Today I want to share with you an original recipe that I learned from my mom. This is one of my favourite rice casserole dishes and is so easy to make.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 large onion (I used a red onion because that was what I had at home)
- 1 can (746 mL) diced tomatoes
- 3 tbs low sodium Soya sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar (I used Truvia this time)
- 2-1/2 cup uncooked Brown Minute Rice 10 mins
- Salt & Pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS: (Serves 4-6)
- First, you have to cook your ground beef and season with pepper.
- When it is almost ready, add the onions and celery.
- Once the beef is fully cooked, transfer the mixture to an oven safe dish (the vegetable don’t have to be fully cooked).
- Add the canned tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, uncooked rice, salt & pepper and mix well. (You don’t have to add any other liquid. The juice from the tomatoes will be enough.)
- Cover and cook in a pre-heated over to 350F for 40-45 mins.
- Enjoy! (You can add more pepper and salt after if you find you need it)
NOTES: This recipe is very flexible. I sometimes add green peppers to it. You can probably add more onions and celery if you wish. I would try it once and play with it afterward.