I’ve been lucky those days finding good recipes on Pinterest. This recipe is from the Gimme Some Oven Website and is so yummy.
I don’t know if you’re like me, but my main protein source is mostly chicken, but I like to add red meat at least once a week to make it different. This Ginger beef recipe is flavourful and I am not disappointed. I will most likely do this one again.
It’s not very hard to do and although this recipe is not very long to make, I have prepared the marinade the day before and marinated the beef overnight to cut on time and add extra flavor.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (if making gluten-free, be sure to use GF soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or chicken/beef broth, or water)
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. thinly sliced flank steak or sirloin cut diagonally across the grain into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces baby portobello or button mushrooms, halved
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
As my little twist, I’ve added more veggies to the recipe.
You’re welcome to try it 🙂
EXTRA STIR-FRY INGREDIENTS:
- 2 carrots medium size, cut into small pieces
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into bite-size squares
You can find the cooking instruction on the Gimme Some Oven Website.