My father came for a visit this week and I decided to try this quiche recipe. Let me tell you, everyone loved it!
This recipe is made for 4 people. We ate it with a piece of toast and it was plenty. The only thing is that the cooking time was about 20 mins more than what it said, but I guess it all depends on your oven.
Something I would suggest to add to this recipe is to add crumbled feta on top when serving.
Ingredients for this recipe are:
- ½ of a small onion, chopped (approximately ¼ cup) (I used a yellow onion)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, one with the seeds completely removed and chopped, the other sliced to desired thickness
- ⅓ cup packed fresh basil, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, shredded (pre-shredded is fine)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites***
- ¾ cup milk (any)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
***Note that instead of using egg whites I’ve used 2 full eggs instead.
For the recipe details: Click Here